Wednesday, January 19, 2011

AND THE HELL BEGINS

Today was Lousy. Capital L lousy.


At 6am, hub's alarm rang off. I woke up too. But not because of the alarm clock. It was more of the headache I had and the aching tummy. I was starving like crazy but didn't try getting up. Thought maybe sleep will drive the hunger away.


I got up at around 7.30 am just after Patrick did. I went straight to the kitchen, pulled out the mallow-cereal we bought the day before and made a bowl for myself.





Quite yummy this one. But while eating, I couldn't help close my eyes and look away from the sun.




8am, hubby leaves and I go back to bed. I battle with a bad migraine which I got after not wearing shades on the way to the doctor yesterday. Since it was too early today to text the doctor if I could take a pain reliever, I tried to sleep the pain away for a couple of hours. Stress.


At 11.30am, I get up, awakened again by major starvation. That includes nausea (and migraine) and the mean urge to vomit. The ordeal really starts now.


So I prepare lunch that consisted of





with dessert.



But the nausea hasn't worn off. Somehow I just want to throw up what I ate. :(


Then at 2pm, I get more nauseous again so I eat






According to the OB, it helps to drive a way nausea. True. Only it's so bland! But better than nothing right?


Migraine hits again at 3pm and finally I text the doctor if Ponstan 250 was ok. I fall asleep for a few hours, she hasn't replied. Why did I have to get migraine when I'm pregnant?


6pm, I get hungry again. I eat again and even make myself some chicken noodles.




Finally the doctor replies with the go signal for Biogesic which helped me get up from the bed and do something productive today.


Now, while I wait for dinner, I munch on cookies again.


Somehow I'm glad the morning sickness (more like all-day sickness) is happening now and not later when I'm back at work. But it's so hard getting pregnant. You don't just sacrifice your work, you also sacrifice all the things you want to do.


Sure you get to bum in the house but you bum because you're in pain. I hope the morning sickness ends sooner than it should.


Come to think of it though, all the discomforts are a way to make sacrifices for people dear to me. Everyone in my family has something they're praying for and my pain helps for their own sacrifices.


And all this is also for me, Pat and the little person we're eagerly waiting for :)


No comments:

Post a Comment