Sunday, January 16, 2011

ON HOUSE ARREST



Bed rest.




Any overworked creative would love to get this as a doctor's prescription. Especially if it's for two weeks and is just a week after everyone goes back to work after the Christmas holidays.



But for some reason, I JUST DON'T LIKE IT!



It's a junior creative's dream to have her work produced, no matter how non-award winning it is. After two years of doing TVC translations, web banners, web articles, and all those other ignorable, unownable ads, I'm finally getting my campaign produced: an original radio, an original TVC inspired by the radio, a funny print ad--all in one go!



2010 was my year. Even after laying-low from pursuing award-winning work to focus on wedding preps and going on a month-long leave to enjoy a thwarted honeymoon, I was able to bounce back from copywriting non-existence to a fully-blossomed junior copywriter as legitimized by my ATL work, ready for production, all at the end of the decade!



What was to stop me at 2011? I was once again hot for creative ideas. I was again ready to chase after the metal.



But just as I was about to pop the champagne to personally celebrate the last stretch of the campaign production, I missed my period. The entire two weeks of it.



Preggy test #1: Positive.



Knees feel like jelly. Debate with husband that it's negative. I lose the argument out of naiveness. Family all in exclamations. Hubby posts positive pregnancy test on Facebook.






Preggy test #2: Positive again.



Off we go to the OB. But I experience light spotting. So, I get my dreaded sentence. House arrest. House arrest. House arrest.




Sigh. Just when I could finish my campaign.


No comments:

Post a Comment